Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Swear . . .

Yesterday I was sworn in to the Kentucky Bar.  Below are some pics of me and the 'rents after the ceremony at the Kentucky Capitol Building.  Jeremiah couldn't make it because he was in Davis, California for work.  Boo.  But he's back now!  Yay! 

Random sidenote about the oath to be admitted in Kentucky:  We had to swear that we hadn't participated in a duel!  Here is a portion of the text as printed in Section 228 of the Ky Constitution:  "[S]ince the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons . . . ."  Who knew?!

The Capitol Building is beautiful!


With my certificate!


Ron & Alyce



No comments:

Post a Comment